We have the government funded flu vaccines.
Eligibility for influenza vaccines through the National Vaccination Program (NIP)
In 2020, influenza vaccines funded through the NIP are available to the following groups. This is due to their increased risk of complications from influenza.
- All people aged 6 months to less than 5 years (this cohort is newly eligible in 2020)
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 6 months and over
- Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy)
- All people aged 65 years and over
- People aged 6 months and over with medical conditions which increase the risk of influenza disease complications.
To get you flu vaccine kindly arrange an appointment to see your doctor.
For those patients who do not meet the criteria you can do one of the following;
- Make an appointment to see you doctor obtain a prescription and then have it filled at your local pharmacy and then come back and have your vaccine administered.
- Book through a pharmacy that does the flu vaccine, some Chemist warehouse do them as well as Direct chemist Outlet.
- You could have it done at the Northern hospital, however you will require to book this ahead. Please use the following link to book yourself an appointment BOOK HERE