Eligibility for the free influenza vaccine
The following people are eligible to receive a free seasonal influenza vaccine:
- people aged six months to less than five years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and older
- pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and older
- people aged six months and older with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and its complications:
- cardiac disease
- chronic respiratory conditions
- chronic neurological conditions
- immunocompromising conditions
- diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- renal disease
- haematological disorders
- children aged six months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy.
Children under nine years receiving their influenza vaccination for the first time require two doses of vaccine, spaced by a minimum of one month.
For patients who do not fit the above criteria we have vaccines in stock @ $15.00 each.